So my beautiful daughter came into this world on Tuesday 23rd August 2016 at 3:31pm. She cried within a minute and fed almost straight away. My heart was hers immediately.
I'll start with how it all happened in this blog and then try and update you with things I've done or tried to make my way through the first few weeks.
So in the weeks before my due date the Dr's had concerns about my baby's size, she was measuring small. They basically decided to induce me the day after my due date, so I was admitted to hospital and given the option of a chemical induction (medication) or balloon induction (they insert the balloon part of a catheter into your uterus and inflate it, causing contractions and dilation to start.
I thought the balloon induction sounded more natural so I went for that. I honestly didn't expect it to be as painful as it was. Within two hours I had to have it taken out as I couldn't stand the pain any longer. By that point my midwife said that I was ready to go up to labour ward and have my waters broken. It was 7:30pm and they'd take me when they were ready.
By 8:30pm it was made clear it wouldn't happen that night. My contractions had started and were getting more intense. I ended up having pain relief and a pethidine injection during the night. My boyfriend hated seeing me in so much pain.
It was the following morning at about 9:30am wheb they finally took me up there. I was basically crying out for an epidural at that point, and they finally listened. I was met by the anaesthetist in the room on my arrival and by 11 I was laughing and joking away.
It was about 2:30 I first remember feeling a strong contraction. The epidural had been topped up once already, but the midwives were switching over, and because my waters had been broken they didn't want to examine me again.
My baby was being monitored constantly during my labour to make sure she wasn't distressed. It was about 3pm we lost the trace on the heartbeat because I shifted position. The midwife decided to place a clip on her head but quickly noticed her head was there and I was fully dilated.
It was all go from that point on. I'd been saying for almost half an hour I felt the need to push, and it wasn't until she told me I did. One push, that's all it took. My daughters birth was so fast that the second midwife didn't even get chance to wash her hands and catch the baby. She flew out onto the bed and cried almost immediately.
It literally blows my mind everytime and think back to it. My labour was so horrible, the birth was amazing and now she is here and it's 6 weeks later. I'm pretty sure I'd do it again. Though it is likely that I won't have anymore children x
Reviews and musings of a first time mum... What has helped, what hasn't helped, and how I have made it this far.
Thursday, 6 October 2016
My little girl
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Poorly Baby
So for the first time last week I actually had a poorly little lady. I'm not sure if it was because of teething or something else, but o...
-
I have decided (after realising that this is something I rely heavily on) to review my Summer Wide View Baby Monitor (Currently £99.99) ...
-
I decided on the pram I wanted prior to finding out whether I would be having a girl or a boy. I wanted something dark, but I really fell in...
-
So, I have had a little problem with Pampers Club and the other Proctor and Gamble Coupon sites, as they have some sort of protection enable...
No comments:
Post a Comment