When I brought my daughter home from hospital there was
literally not one place other than me she would fall asleep. The first few
nights we tried everything to get her into her Moses Basket or the Travel Cot
we had bought, but nothing worked. I almost caved in and bought a Chicco Next
to Me Crib, but as my bed is really high and we have a 30cm deep mattress it
was a no go. It just wouldn’t fit. So back to the drawing board.
I spoke to a friend who had used a Bednest Side Sleeper with
her daughter and said it was the only side sleeper she had found that was high
enough to fit her bed, so we borrowed it.
My friend informed me of a change to the manufacturers
guidance, in which the cot was never to be used with the side half down. It either
had to be all the way up or all the way down, and when I researched why, it was
because of an accidental death of a tiny little baby girl. It is such a sad
story, but I guess it wasn’t anticipated that it could happen until it did, so
the manufacturer changed their guidance. I would like to point out at this
point, I do not agree with the way the manufacturer dealt with this horrific
accident, but they have changed their literature and now issue kits to make it
impossible for the side to be left halfway folded.
This being said, it was easy to assemble, the base pulls up
and locks in place in one movement, then you strap it to the bed, ours was
wrapped around the locks that hold the divan base together, and then the cot
was placed on top of the base, done! It took less than 5 minutes to assemble.
The beauty was that my precious little lady was at the exact
same height as me, no messing around to get out of bed to put her down to
sleep, I could just lift her, which limited the amount she woke. During the
night I could just reach over and touch her, see her breathing etc. It was
perfect. It just devastated me that she had to come out of it because she is
just too big now.
The website offers these cots to rent or buy, I would 100%
use it again and would pay to rent or buy if I couldn’t use my friends again. It
was perfect!
Also on the website there’s a lot of bits and pieces you can
buy for it, sheets, replacement sides, replacement matresses. I bought a kit
which came with fresh sides and a fresh mattress and two sheets for around £60.
It was well worth the money and I have no regrets in using it.
Bednest to buy £299
Bednest to rent (as long as you need it) £89 Check it out here...

No comments:
Post a Comment