Graco Contour Electra
Travel Cot – Posie £79.99 (£99.99 full price)
I bought this travel cot
from Toys r Us about a month before my daughter came along. I liked how girly it
was and how small it folded, yet it seemed quite big and sturdy, so she would
have plenty of room to grow.
I put it together myself
at 35 weeks pregnant with SPD… so that tells you how easy it was. Though I
found the instructions very poor I have to admit. Most of it was google and
guess work. For the Travel Cot itself, the sides wouldn’t lock into place until
the bottom of the cot was flat and in place, it took me about 30 mins to figure
this out and I got increasingly frustrated, eventually watching a you tube
video to help.
Then to set up the changing
table; You basically just get pictures of what it “should” look like and you
follow the pictures through, but the pictures are awful and it was difficult
for me to follow. The changing table I originally put together upside down, so
I was putting my daughter on the bottom of it. I eventually realised and went
to correct my mistake and I couldn’t get the bars out which resulted in me
ripping the fabric. Once it was on the correct way, I could no longer use the
changing table as the rip caused my daughter to roll, the tension wasn’t there
to hold her in the correct position.
We didn’t use the travel
cot to begin with as my daughter wouldn’t settle in it so she slept in a side
cot. I ended up going to Smyths and buying a proper Graco Travel Cot Mattress
(£16.99) as I figured that after sleeping on a proper mattress in the side
sleeper, she wouldn’t settle in the Travel Cot because the mattress supplied
was very thin and plasticy. We now use it permanently as she sleeps well at the
moment. I can’t find the bar for the activity bar. God knows what I have done
with it, but it’s gone! We are currently still using the bassinet part which hold the baby half way up the cot rather than her being in the bottom, however we are literally weeks away from crawling so I am going to have to take the bassinet out sooner rather than later, this will cause problems with laying baby down to sleep as she will be much lower, and I will have to bend much further, so I have to admit I am not looking forward to it.
Overall this is a good
Travel Cot. It has enough room for her to move around, but is secure. It has a
console which plays music/vibrates and has a nightlight which we love, and it
folds down easily for storage or travel. The only downsides are that the supplied
mattress wasn’t very comfortable, so we ended up having to buy a more permanent
solution. Also the instructions were terrible, which resulted in me breaking
part of the cot.
The only reason I didn’t return
it to get a replacement Changing Table was that they had stopped supplying this
particular colour and wouldn’t give me a replacement part for it. So the
changing part was never used.
I would definitely buy it again. I love it, its very pretty, however I would know this time around more about fixing it together.
I would definitely buy it again. I love it, its very pretty, however I would know this time around more about fixing it together.

No comments:
Post a Comment